Kid's Dental Care
Learn more about making your child's dental visit a positive one.
Since we see a lot of families here in Anthem, we thought this site is a great tool for busy Moms and families who are trying to keep it all together! Meet Kimberley at www.TheGoToMom.com
The Go-To Mom's Tips on Preparing Your Young Child for Their First Dental Appointment:
- Call the office in advance and see what their procedures are (do they let children under 18 months sit on mommy's lap, do they give a sticker or prize afterward, or have dvd cartoon playing on the ceiling)
- Let your child know that you are going to visit the dentist and that everybody goes to the dentist.
Tell them that the dentist will:
lean you back in a cool movable chair, count your teeth, show you how to clean them, give you a brand new tooth brush and maybe even a sticker or prize!
- Tell your child there may be fun things to play with in the waiting room.
- Tell them that some dentist offer sun glasses to so that you won't have to look at the bright lights when you lay back in the cool dental chair.
- You can even "play dentist" at home to encourage them to view dental appointments as fun and exciting!
- If parents remain cheery and upbeat when going to the dentist with their tot, there is a good chance that their children will adopt the same attitude!
Proper Oral Health Care for Adolescents - Piercings, Mouthguards, Eating Disorders, Smoking, Sugary Sodas, Caries and Periodontal Disease